We are looking for a talented 2D Senior Artworker to join our design team.
Responsible for developing and delivering world-class creative solutions within allocated time frames. This role must have a thorough understanding of the design process and an ability to mentor junior members of the team whilst delivering artwork to the highest standard, encompassing uncompromising attention to detail and excellent layout skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience of artworking graphic content for print and retail environments including POP and POS and will have an excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, file set-up, printing processes and appropriate materials use.
- To ensure the optimum delivery of all artwork through a broad understanding of the design, artwork and production process
- To be able to effectively artwork for print all creative designs produced in house
- The ability to quickly understand client’s brand guidelines, campaign direction and look and feel and implement this across different touchpoints, artwork formats and sizes.
- To provide optimum support to the 2D Graphics Team Leader
- To inspire and embed standards of best practice within the business.
- To manage multiple projects and delegate work load accordingly to ensure quality expectation and deadlines are met
- To be expert in design software including, but not exclusive to, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite) and Acrobat
- To be able to work under pressure and remain motivated to develop and deliver outstanding design and artwork
- To nurture, develop and delegate to junior team members
- To liaise with and take briefs from creative designers, digital designers, development designers and be responsible for briefing production staff to ensure the highest quality and integrity of all projects
- To liaise with client service to ensure clarity of briefs and accurate costing of projects
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure clarity of understanding of all artwork and production requirements
- To cross-check the work of other team members to ensure a high standard of quality is maintained
- Team planning and recruitment of fulltime and freelance artworkers
Skills & Experience
- Practical experience in retail graphic communications
- At least 6 years experience of working within a design consultancy
- Degree or Diploma level qualification in Graphic / Communication Design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail