We’re looking for a talented Client Project Manager to join our Birmingham Studio
Reporting to the Projects Director, the role of Client Project Manager (CPM) is to take a lead role in the delivery of projects. Working directly with the client, and strategically with the Client Director, they will deliver projects on time and budget. This will principally be achieved through adherence to responsibilities and activities set out in our business process, the Green Room Way (GRW). Throughout the CPM will also be directly responsible for the quality of output of all Green Room (GR) projects.
- Take and write briefs that are clear, concise and accurate and inform both clients and internal stakeholders of the scope of the project.
- Develop and nurture positive relationships within existing client contacts, ensuring GR benefit from optimising all potential opportunities.
- Work within the governance plan and GRW to ascertain the project journey through GR and ensure all approvals are sought and gained prior to any work commencing.
- Produce quotations of hours and costs by consultation with all internal teams and ensure that these are negotiated, agreed and signed off by the relevant Head of Dept.
- Prepare project proposals where governance dictates, obtaining written confirmation and POs from the client to proceed at key stages.
- Prepare and distribute project plans for each project, instructing the Projects Assistant on the booking of required resource through workload and internal/ external meetings where appropriate.
- Understand the design criteria of a project and where appropriate, consider levels of risk and agree relevant plans to reduce these e.g. prototypes, first offs etc. Identify milestones in projects that must be adhered to ensure quality and accurate delivery.
- Liaise with the Client Director to provide information to update the weekly Sales Forecast.
- Where appropriate ensure that a review of development drawings and proposed materials to advise and contribute to the success of relevant projects has been completed.
- Actively take ownership of problems and successful resolution planning in consultation with Senior Client Project Manager and Projects Director.
- Track all estimates and actuals throughout a project to ensure that target gross margins are being met.
- Track amendments to projects and notify the client of amendments to agreed formal quotation. Escalate any significant variances to project plan including timings, commercial, quality and risks etc to the Projects Director and Client Director.
- Be onsite as needed depending on client expectations and ensure a full handover of the final project is completed, including handover pack (production only, if required) and sign off documents.
- Ensure appropriate projects are photographed to contribute to the GR resources.
- Collate all information to enable Projects Assistant to produce a “GR Bible Page” for each type of project
- Complete client de-brief and explore future opportunities with the client.
- Maintain an awareness of existing clients’ business objectives, plans and target audience, and ensure that appropriate opportunities are identified to generate further demand for Green Room services. Report all opportunities to the Client Director.
- Contribute positively to the workload and Project reports and meetings with concise and accurate information to continually improve the company’s delivery and financial objectives.
- Ensure adherence to all Green Room policies, processes and procedure manuals and documentation.
- Maintain highly professional appearance, timekeeping and presentation.
- Ensure a detailed knowledge of all Green Room’s case studies and share with clients when appropriate.
- Proactively support the Projects Director in team workload planning and reporting.
- To work with all levels of the Green Room team to contribute to the positive development of client accounts.