Reporting to the UK Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant’s role is to provide accurate and timely financial information to the Financial Controller and to prepare all aspects of the monthly accounts in Amsterdam up to trial balance level.
- Monthly preparation of Sage submitting trial balance free from errors to the UK by working day 6.
- Ensure all balance sheet account reconciliations are performed monthly and any anomalies are investigated and resolved in the month
- Responsibility for the calculation and posting of monthly accruals and journals
- Ensure costs are reported accurately and that they reflect business performance
- Assist with the preparation of forecasts and budgets as requested by the UK Finance team
- Control of fixed assets within the business including calculation of monthly depreciation charges and reconciliation of fixed assets register
- Direct responsibility for the sales ledger and credit control. Raise sales invoices to clients as directed by the Client Services team ensuring correct VAT treatment applied.
- Monthly calculation of revenue recognition liaising with Client Services team on live projects ensuring revenues are matched to costs. Full reconciliation of deferred income and sales reserves accounts.
- Direct responsibility for the purchase ledger including processing supplier invoices, staff expenses and credit cards
- Provide information to professional advisors for completion of monthly payroll
- Provide information to professional advisors for quarterly VAT workings, including EC Sales and Intrastat returns
- Provide information to professional advisors for completion of annual financial statements and corporation tax returns
- Review and ensure effective control environment is in place within the Amsterdam studio
- Work with the Client Services team to ensure all project reporting data is kept up to date in the Synergist software system on a timely basis. This includes estimates, timesheets, purchase orders and expenses for all live projects.
- Keep the Financial Controller informed of any problems or issues (current or potential)
- Help to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the business
- Assist the Financial Controller as required
- Ad hoc analysis & projects
- Support & advise colleagues