We are looking for a talented and dynamic Head of Business Development & Marketing to join our Birmingham Head Office, but supporting the Studio Group.
The Head of Business Development & Marketing role is wholly responsible for the organisation’s brand and communications activities using effective, consultative, pro-active, selling techniques to build relationships and create a pipeline of opportunity with identified senior clients. The role will provide strategic leadership by ensuring the appropriate structures, systems, and plans are developed and implemented through a targeted, multi-channelled and consistent approach to continually enhance the Company’s profile and standing within the marketplace and build awareness of Green Room’s services and successes to create direct and indirect business opportunities.
- Development of a focused and targeted new business strategy identifying sectors, categories, brands and individuals that offer the best opportunity for the business
- Identify strategic and insightful sector and category led new business campaign approaches, aligned with the marketing and events calendar, then develop and execute to a high standard to secure opportunity or build relationships.
- Create outbound opportunities through consistent and effective consultative sales techniques with senior contacts
- Proactively and energetically cultivate senior level relationships with new prospects in order to identify and generate pitching or closing opportunities, as well as allowing deeper market penetration and integration.
- Attend/chair new business meetings with the Managing Partner and/ or Chief Creative Officer, ensuring the relevant parties are fully briefed ahead of the meeting with prospects, and feedback is acted upon
- Attend networking events and industry conferences where required/ identified
- Oversee the in-bound lead process, ensuring it is effectively qualified, recorded and managed throughout the business
- Lead the pitching to ensure that it follows the correct process throughout the business, working with the Managing Partner, Chief Creative Officer for the desired pitch win ratio.
- Produce and commit to monthly, six month rolling revenue recognition and gross margin forecasts for new business activity.
- Development of a comprehensive strategic brand, marketing, and communications programme that will enhance the organisation’s image and position within the market place, drive the new business pipeline, with a clear view of ROI
- Ownership and responsibility for all internal and external representations of the corporate brand, through the definition and implementation of clear identity guidelines, ensuring it is applied consistently and with impact across all agreed touch-points
- Lead and oversee the implementation of the marketing & communications plan, including the timely production of content for press releases, news stories, case studies and social media. All communications should be prepared to a high standard and distributed effectively to create maximum impact
- Build relationships with key influencers within the media, working with specialist in PR where necessary, to drive awareness and liaison with the retail and industry press
- Maintain knowledge of international marketing trends and opportunities, new technologies, and best practice, making recommendations to the business as appropriate
- Undertake continuous analysis of the competitive environment to direct brand and service development recommendations
- Seek to expand Green Room’s profile and business in new sectors and markets.
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place to track and refine all activity, providing quantitative and qualitative performance analysis, to include accurate monthly reporting
- Ensure the CRM system is kept up-to-date at all times, both via data and communication management
- Set and manage the budget for best return on investment, overseeing that the spend is in line with budget
- Maintain knowledge of broad range of key trends within retail and our target categories, to drive best in class approach and reactive and proactive engagement initiatives with prospects
- Identify and evaluate third party vendors where applicable, to enhance skillset or output, managing relationships on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with the Client Directors, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by ensuring they have appropriate marketing tools, materials and presentations